Wednesday 22 February 2012

Day 34 - The Embryo Stage

I've called everyday since the egg pick up to check the progress of our little embryos, and they have been progressing really well for each day.
  • Day 1: Yay! We have 5 eggs fertilised!
  • Day 2: All 5 embies have reached 4 cell division. Good progress.
  • Day 3: Some are advancing a little bit faster than others. We have different cell divisions at Grade 2, and one was breaking from the pack at an 8 cell compacting morula (stage before blastocyst stage)
  • Day 4: Have a whole bunch of little compacting morulas. We won't know which one they will use or how many can be frozen until our transfer. The embryologist says that it's unusual to get 100% frozen. We can probably expect around 2 or 3 bubsicles.
  • Day 5: Transfer day.
  • Day 6: Call the embryologist to find out how many were actually frozen.
So my transfer is tomorrow morning. I have my acupuncture appointment an hour after the transfer. I'm feeling optimistic, but I'm also a little apprehensive too. You'll see why, keep reading.

My latest woes
This is where it gets incredibly personal. *Gross-out alert* I woke up this morning with a very sensitive rear exit. I didn't think it was too bad, but it got progressively worse throughout the day. And I realised that the bloated feeling and stomach pains from the drugs, lead to a bowel strike, which then lead to my rear entrails becoming my painful, hideously, swollen extrails. Can this get any more humiliating?

Well, of course I had to go to the chemist and discuss my southern outback problems with other pushy customers standing right behind me. No, please, I'm loving this attention, lets call in the shop owner from next door! Grrr....

I took home my miracle ointment and then realised I would have to go the double prod in both southern orifices tonight, the Crinone vaginal gel, and well, the other one...sigh...just kill me now. I'm feeling sorry for myself and very squidgy.

Dear God, please make this thing go down before tomorrow. Don't make me get on that table with unnatural protrusions. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, can't wait to hear how you went today. Really enjoying following your blog. This is my first IVF cycle and i am a few days behind you, my EPU is due Monday. Scan yesterday showed about 11 follies,with a few large ones, fingers crossed they continue to grow over next few days. Not signed up hence only have anonymous option to select. Sunshine1974(BH)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good God that bum thing sounds horrendous! I'll try to skip that symptom thanks! Em x (aka emski72 on bh and eb)- good luck for the transfer! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Em and Sunshine, Thanks for the positive vibes. Transfer went well, I think. Now just have to survive the TWW. Goodluck with your EPU on Monday Sunshine! 11 is a good number.

    ReplyDelete